Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lower control arms
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 05:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

re: lower control arms

I've got the pictures but they are too big to load. Anyone who needs to see them can PM me with your e-mail and I will gladly send them to you. I'll try to take some more pics at a lower resolution and load them in the next couple of days.

Bill

I put the pics of the tool I made for seating ball joints in the lower control arm on a newer model F-150 in my album.

I made this because the regular press would not pull the new ball joint into the control arm properly. I was told to set a piece of flat bar on top of the control arm and try, but the bar sat at a bad angle and didn't look too safe. I set this one(in the pics) on top of the lower control arm and used the press to pull the ball joint into place. The small piece of pipe welded on top keeps the clamp from shifting and the big one on the bottom sets over the hole.

I can't find the one I made to push the ball joints out with but it was the same except the bottom pipe was smaller in diameter and about 2" long. Using the ball joint press it will push the ball joint out without damaging it.

Let me know what you think...

Bill

Last edited by rebelbill1972; 05-02-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Put pics in photo album