Hot Rod Forum banner

Lq4 Cam And Pistions Need Help.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bighotroddin 
#1 ·
I Have A 2002 Lq4. Going To Buid It For My 70 Nova Drag Car. I'm Looking For Forged Pistions For 12.5 To 13.1 Compression. I Cant Find Any. I'm New To The Ls Style Motors So I Dont Know Whats Out There Yet. Also Looking For A Cam For Drag Racing. Thinking About Some L92 Heads, Or Ls6 Heads. Carbereted Set Up. Looking For About 550hp Or More. Going To Spray It 150 Shot Too. I Have A Rossler Th400 With Brake And A Strange Axles S60 With Spool 4.10 Gears. Need Some Input.

#4 ·
Its been a while since I looked at the differences between heads but off the top of my head a true LS6 has more compression from smaller chambers and different valves but the ports them selves are very similar.

I would clean up the heads you have and maybe mill them, change cam, full length headers, and with the carb intake you should have no problem getting over 500 hp.

I have been told you can use a EFI cam the only difference being is that they have a narrower lobe seperation. It just depends on your combo and what your doing with it. Most of the big name companies have alot of valvetrain parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.