Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lsx swap worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
There is a local shop here that wont even bother with the old engines unless you specify thats what you want.Their most popular swap is to install an LS-3 with hot cam(480 hp) and the 6 speed transmission. slight bump at idle very smooth power delivery,decent mileage,easy to service,excellent drive ability. you can build an old engine the same with roller cam,fuel injection etc,most people with old cars are using carbs and flat tappet cams and HEI,
Yea i'm thinking it's not worth it to mess around with the old motor when the technology of the lsx is so much more advanced. I'm trying to keep it around $1000 if possible, which is why i was leaning towards the 5.3. I'm not looking for insane power either, I'm perfectly happy with a solid 350 horses. I mostly am looking at it because it's like once you get it installed and tuned you never have to worry about it again. No setting timing or adjusting the carb, it just seems nicer that way. And from what i have read on different forums, the fuel mileage is a lot better. I'm hoping someone who has done and lsx swap can give me some actual mpg numbers.