Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lsx swap worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
the vintage air will put the compresser in the same spot.. if it doesn't clear now, it won't then..
think you need to read up some..
the factory ecu will need a reflash, as the missing info from speed sensors/trans/gauges/ will send it into fits, = limp home mode..
fuel system.. unless you get a vette or newer lsIII with no return line.. you'll need that+ an intank pump, go price a efi tank..
cooling fans and wire'n
the clutch.. that might eat through your extra 5 bills alone..
the ls engine lack of a mount for the z bar, yes they make one.. thats an extra cost..
bellhousing to mount your m-20/21/22 to the lsx.. sit down when you price that...
good luck..
I'd stab a 96-02 g.m. truck/van vortec 350 in it 1999.oo(crate, less used) and get 350hp and 17c27hw mpg

the gains you think you will see, won't show up..
your 350 crapy mpg are from the 8 to 1 compression(guesing) and the drivetrain..
my 2002 truck got 28-30 hyway with a vortec 350
they run 9.4 to 1
Well i have done a lot of research and i've found out that theres not as much involved as you're saying.
1. vintage air has numerous brackets to choose from, and if none fit i have no problem fabricating my own.
2.The fuel system only requires a high pressure pump, doesn't have to be in-tank. All ls motors after 2003 were non-return style.
3. The bellhousing is the same one for an sbc. $40 doesnt seem like a bad price lol
The thing that does worry me is the z bar

Also i will need the ls1 intake and injectors because of hood clearance issues. But luckily they make adapters to use the ls1 injectors on the truck harness.