Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lsx swap worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
Car Craft is a magazine dedicated to selling parts, keep that in mind any time they write an article.

How To Connect a LSx Series V8 to older GM 4 Speed Manual Transmission - YouTube

Here's how to bolt a muncie onto a 5.3L using only stock parts.

For the TH 350 you'll need a spacer for the flex plate, it's like $40.

That's it.

No extra 5 bajillion dollar conversion cost.

Most "hotrodders" today can't build anything unless its been approved by a magazine editor and delivered by the UPS guy- that's not building, that's buying.
Haha i was kinda getting that feeling while reading the article

I actually saw that video while i was searching! Thats what i was talking about with the 4.8 5speed truck flywheel before, but then the article said that it would cause problems. Well i guess they lied. So
So what im seeing i need is the flywheel, the pilot bearing, the bracket for the z bar, and the correct clutch and i should be good.

Only thing is that in the video he mentions not to install the pilot bearing all the way, but then in the article they mentioned a bearing made specifically for the application. So if it's no overly expensive i think it would be better to go with that one

Last edited by bigdog7373; 10-10-2012 at 09:31 PM.