Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lsx swap worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for all the responses guys you're all a lot of help. I'm not buying anything until i get the tranny checked out to make sure it's in good shape. I got it for cheap out of a driving car so i'm not too worried. I believe its an m20 but i'll find out for sure. Around here it's not unheard of to get the motor for $350. They are all over the junk yards in wrecked trucks. I'm going to grab the computer and harness with it and modify the harness for what i need. Doesnt seem like too bad of a job, plus i'll save a lot of money over an aftermarket piece. I dont want the 6.0 cause they are expensive and it would kind of defeat the purpose of the swap since i'm really wanting more mpg's so i can drive it more.
If the 4 speed isn't in as good shape as it seems then i might get the trans with the motor. But i'm hoping that's not the case and i can have the 4 speed i want.
I'm not doing anything with it til the summer but i like to plan ahead so i can get an accurate parts list and get the swap done trouble free instead of having to gather parts with the engine half way in the car. I hate working like that.
I'm not too worried about how fast the car will be, i just want something that i can take on the highway comfortably without it revving sky high or anything. So i guess i'll have to do some more thinking about what i want to use for the transmission. I can always sell the muncie for what i bought it for and come out even. Plus i still have the running small block and the th350. If i were to sell the current engine/tranny i could easily pay for at least half the cost of the swap.
I really want to modernize the car without losing the classic look. I got some bmw e46 seats planned for the interior, all new gauges, vintage air a/c, keyless entry system, the works. Only thing holding me back is school

Any more advice about the swap i'd really appreciate. Thanks!