Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lsx swap worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
A transmission crossmember is almost free as usually you can cut and weld a stock one. The expensive things will be a driveshaft, mounts, clutch, fluids, possible different accessory brackets, different intake manifold, tuning, headers, air ducting and filter, maybe a few random sensors need to be replaced- it adds up fast, BTDT. If you don't want to believe it'll take more DO NOT KEEP A JOURNAL. It'll just make you cry. 2G seems reasonable, assuming you do a good job and most of the work yourself.
I'll start a journal. Like i said I'm not too worried about the price anyway. I have the driveshaft too btw, forgot to mention that.
I can get junkyard fans for next to nothing.
I was planning on running shorty headers and they tend to be a lot cheaper, plus the car is getting lowered so i don't want any ground clearance problems with long tubes.

I know the little things add up, but I'm pretty good add staying within the budget i set, plus i have a lot of parts that i will need already.