Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lt1 conversion
Thread: lt1 conversion
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknron View Post
Ok, iv got an 89 gcm truck with a vortec 350, and i have an lt1 out of a corvette that im wanting to put in the truck, but i have some questions, can i use my sbc hei distributor and tbi intake? I know more old school mechanics but have little to no knowledge of the lt engines, what kind of problems will i run into using this engine?
This is not simple to do the LT1/4 uses very different systems from those of the Vortec (L31?). I put in the question mark because of your comment "and tbi intake"; an L31 would not have TBI unless it was from a 1996 G30 van or was otherwise modified to accept the earlier TBI. TBI and the L31 MPFI are rather different fuel delivery and ignition systems from each other and the LT1/4. Not that the LT1/4 can't be reconfigured to these other systems, but I'd certainly need to know what you've got as a starting point. No the Gen I intakes cannot interchange with the Gen II, LT1/4 and neither can the heads. Actually the LT1/4 aluminum head can be modified to run on the Gen I block but still with a compatible LT1/4 intake and a pile of work to the cooling, fuel delivery and ignition systems.

Bogie