LT4 engines - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Old Salt

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post LT4 engines

I know Camaro had a LT4 engine from 1992 till about 1998, what other cars had these engines? Any other brands ie Pontiac or Olds?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2003, 11:12 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

wrong

camaro had a 97 model that had an LT-4 option and it is a rare collector car only about 100 madel. its a vette engine. i dont know if or when they started being a standard engine, but certainly was not installed in any camaro prior to 97 30th anniversary model. there is one still for sale here for 18 g's. a regular camaro ss is only half that.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:36 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Thanks bullheimer,

I knew they were limited, didn't know how much. A neighbor was sticking one into his 67 Nova.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:31 AM

The LT4 was in the 96 vette and only the 96 vette. I haven't heard of one in any camaros but it would make sense if they only put them in a few models as a special edition. The LT4 option was a 330 horsepower option over the 275hp of the LT1.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:16 AM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

I saw an ad the other day in one of the Magazines for a kit to convert a regular LT1 into an LT4. It had the heads, cam lifters intake and pistons.

Found the place with the upgrade.

http://www.performancess.com/gmparts.html

Last edited by EBlack36; 11-03-2003 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:44 PM

Actually there are a couple of places that sell those components as a set. GM performance parts, Summit Racing, Pace Performance, they all sell that kit. It is apparently proven to around 425+ horsepower and I have yet to hear any complaints about it yet. Should be well worth the conversion.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:04 PM

Question before I build my engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305RSlc
Actually there are a couple of places that sell those components as a set. GM performance parts, Summit Racing, Pace Performance, they all sell that kit. It is apparently proven to around 425+ horsepower and I have yet to hear any complaints about it yet. Should be well worth the conversion.
I have a 97 Z28 and it has 114,00 unbeaten miles. I have to do the Intake manifold gasket and since im there my mechanic said you should go for performance parts. I contacted alot of people holley etc they all said go for the LT4 intake manifold but all I see is a set which is 1Grand. LT4 Manifold and Heads. My guy thats worken on the car said he will do the Heads for free and just charge me for the intall on the intake manidold. WIth the miles can I just get the LT4 manifold? My friend said that I should get a cam while im there. I was just thinking about just putting the gasket on and port the LT1 with a Holley 58mm and polish the **** out of the manifold. Will the LT4 Heads and manifold incease the life of the engine and value if I sell it? I heard the heads are more stronger and the LT1 heads get tired after a while. Please help me I need to decide by nexr week. Car rips though you punch it under 40 and it kicks to the right about 4 feet spinning then chirps!! I did it a couple times. All original Thanks Demetre
Old 02-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97whitebeast
I have a 97 Z28 and it has 114,00 unbeaten miles. I have to do the Intake manifold gasket and since im there my mechanic said you should go for performance parts. I contacted alot of people holley etc they all said go for the LT4 intake manifold but all I see is a set which is 1Grand. LT4 Manifold and Heads. My guy thats worken on the car said he will do the Heads for free and just charge me for the intall on the intake manidold. WIth the miles can I just get the LT4 manifold? My friend said that I should get a cam while im there. I was just thinking about just putting the gasket on and port the LT1 with a Holley 58mm and polish the **** out of the manifold. Will the LT4 Heads and manifold incease the life of the engine and value if I sell it? I heard the heads are more stronger and the LT1 heads get tired after a while. Please help me I need to decide by nexr week. Car rips though you punch it under 40 and it kicks to the right about 4 feet spinning then chirps!! I did it a couple times. All original Thanks Demetre
The LT4 intake manifold will not fit onto the LT1 heads. If you do go for the LT4 conversion you will get a new LT4 hot cam,1.6 rockers and LT4 cylinder heads. Trust me, its well worth the money it helps allot. But on the flip side a LT4 hot cam and 1.6 roller rockers help the LT1 come alive. If you have only beat on the LT1 a few times and you don't drive like this often I say the LT1 has more than enough power.

Steve

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.