Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lucite reducer question
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Not a problem...you say your compressor is in a cabinet...can you open the doors to the cabinet? Just mentioning that because you want air to flow over the electric motor and the compressor head to cool it as well. As far as venting your incoming air from outside and your from Missouri it should work fine...Have your incoming air spout pointing down (I know I probably don't need to mention it but for some other people that might be reading this post and it may help) and have a filter on the the down spout. I ran this set up in Norther Alberta and it made a difference...I also shielded the down spout with a metal cone, like the one that a dog gets so he can't like his wounds...I did this because if your putting 29 CFM out of your compressor, your pulling a lot of air in as well, just added protection, you don't want to suck all kinds of crap into your compressor like neighborhood children and small barn yard animals.
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
cyclopsblown34 (12-24-2012)