Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lunati cam and 305 sbc questions in a Frankenstein
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 02:05 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Lunati cam and 305 sbc questions in a Frankenstein

I need help (I’m sure in more ways than one!)

Background:
I am in the process of building a “hot rod / rat rod / Frankenstein” driver car that is a little different than many other cars in my town. I am bolting 2 sbc engines together (end to end) and I am trying to build it on the cheap. Since Free is cheap, I obtained a couple of sbc 305in2 including Heads, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, water pumps, covers, pans, etc. In the attempt to match the engines, (and because I got a killer deal) I just bought 2 Bran new Lunati VooDoo cam and lifter sets (60101) for $25 each set (Don’t ask – Just the right place at the right time).

My questions:
How does the Lunati VooDoo cam and lifter set (60101) affect the performance on a 305 sbc?

What kind of “daily driving” characteristics can I expect from the Lunati VooDoo cam and lifter set (60101) in a single 305 sbc?

What identifying marks can I find on the cylinder heads to see if the engines have a match set? (I do not know what the engines came out of)

How can I tell the year of the sbc 305 engines? More specifically, what is the difference between the 305 engines throughout the years (so I can really tell and understand what it is that I have)?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe Ferrero