Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lunati cam and 305 sbc questions in a Frankenstein
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 06:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Don't worry about matching everything up between both motors.

I'll say it again...

Don't worry about matching everything up between both motors.

The first twins I was ever around was an Allis Chalmers that had a Mopar 426 and a Chevy 327 mounted together.....There wasn't squat the same on those motors except that they would both achieve peak power in the 6000rpm range...

The second Multi-Engine set up I was privy to was the War Wagon. Two or Three Aries Hemi engines, depending on the pull being a state or national event.

http://www.hotrodders.com/gallery/sh.../cat/500/page/
I was thinking to myself, a real life, highly engineered, high performance outfit. Unlike the seemingly cobbled up old Allis Chalmers that had been built in a home shop by some jack leg.

Right away, Paul bursts my bubble. One engine he had built, The others where used engines. One of which the exact specs where unknown. One had a Mallory Mag, and another a MSD electronic set up. The front engine had a starter. The rest where fired by engaging a clutch. Where the clutch locked up dictated what crank fazing was to be had on that outing.

Different compression ratios, different boost settings, different ignition systems, different cubic inches, and if they where timed together it was pure luck.

All that mismatch and it ran fine...

Make a coupler to hook the two together and forget about the rest. Dan