Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   Lunati or Comp Cams valve springs? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/lunati-comp-cams-valve-springs-171796.html)

staleg 01-21-2010 06:19 AM

Lunati or Comp Cams valve springs?
 
What's the difference between the valve springs from Comp Cams, item 26918 and Lunati item 74818?
Any of those companies to prefer before the other?

Comp Cams 26918 is the spring that fits Vortec heads without any machine work. The Lunati 74818 looks to be identical, but I might have missed something?

S10 Racer 01-21-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staleg
What's the difference between the valve springs from Comp Cams, item 26918 and Lunati item 74818?
Any of those companies to prefer before the other?

Comp Cams 26918 is the spring that fits Vortec heads without any machine work. The Lunati 74818 looks to be identical, but I might have missed something?

Both are good companies. The thing you need to make sure of is to match the valve springs to the cam or it don't matter who makes them.

BBCMudbogger 01-21-2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S10 Racer
Both are good companies. The thing you need to make sure of is to match the valve springs to the cam or it don't matter who makes them.

What S-10 said

65ELCMO 01-21-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S10 Racer
Both are good companies. The thing you need to make sure of is to match the valve springs to the cam or it don't matter who makes them.

So the springs that came with my Edelbrock heads need to be changed because I am using a Comp cam?

JeffB 01-21-2010 12:13 PM

The best thing you could do is contact the Edelbrock Techs and let them know your cam specs and go from there,they will need the part number of the heads that you have as there were options available,when you get into swapping valve springs the first thing you need to know is what matches the cam you are using and second is, will I have to machine the heads to use them.

S10 Racer 01-21-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffB
The best thing you could do is contact the Edelbrock Techs and let them know your cam specs and go from there,they will need the part number of the heads that you have as there were options available,when you get into swapping valve springs the first thing you need to know is what matches the cam you are using and second is, will I have to machine the heads to use them.

Exactly :thumbup:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.