Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - m20 to be installed!
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 08:38 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the interest in keeping 4speeds alive. I don't want the mods to annihilate me for posting info; but you can verify this outside of me.

Replacement gears come in 2 flavors. Italian (Masiero and Euroicambi) and everybody else (asia and india etc.)
The italian stuff is more expensive, but better quality than the offshore or OEM gearsets. Notice I didnt say the offshore stuff is no good. Its plenty serviceable for a street car, as long as your visual inspection is top notch before assembly.

That being said, my italian vendor moved across town and to set up tooling takes time. I wont be importing any M22 italian stuff until late july.

So, for a hawaiian customer I would suggest Erickson's Gear in Seattle WA as he might have existing stock. If you want to go with offshore stuff, I cant recommend one way or the other because I don't deal with them.

However; If you don't really NEED an M22 and want that ratio made by italians, (we have several muncie ratios), I have plenty of M21 stuff, and so should Erickson's. Just make sure your case is in good shape, or buy an aftermarket one.

Hope this Helps, and if I overstepped my bounds, please let me know