Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - maaco or garage to rent
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There's a Maaco nearby that advertises that he's the only Maaco that uses PPG paint. I went and saw him when I wanted my car painted and he looked over my bodywork and said he'd need to do a little more to make it perfect.
Then he said he'd do a BC/CC in the color I wanted, but would not guarantee the paint because he didn't know what I had shot. I showed him the receipts ffor all the primer, iller, etc. and he said it was all good, but still needed to add a disclaimer "that some imperfections might show". WTF???
I asked why he needed to go over my work, and still tell me something might show? He "just wanted to be sure I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't perfect".
I told him for the quoted price of $2271 that it better be perfect, or adjust the estimate to a price that would reflect "perfect".
I finally called a local one man shop that does a lot of custom paint and bodywork. He came by the house and looked at the car and gave me a quote of $2,000 to pick it up, paint it, and deliver it back in his enclosed trailer. The work was as good as I could ever ask for, and no baloney or excuses.