Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Maaco vs. At-Home Paint Job
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by troy-curt
$35.00 is a bargain. It's been 10 years since my shop was on $35.00.

Troy

69 ss rs full custom camaro 98 ISCA grandchampion
69 ss rs bb camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 ss chevelle bb conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod
Still seems steep to me,but that's one of the first quotes that I've seen come from a body shop.

Nightrain

Quote:
Originally posted by asennad
A '92 and you say the truck looks good after a wash and wax? Does not sound to me like you need a paint job!

Go to www.autopia-carcare.com which is a detailing forum. They will tell you how and what to use on your car to make it look like new.

Another option is too just shoot another clear coat on top of the existing paint.
When you wash it,it only looks good until it dries.I've tried 2 coats of wax and in about a week,it does the same thing.Plus,the owner before me sideswiped a parking post and took it to a body shop.They fixed the body damage and repainted the right rear fender.It looks brand new while the rest of the paint on the truck looks like crap.I know a guy who owns a detailing business and I am going to take it to him to buff out before I make the final decision on painting.If it comes out looking good from that,I'll leave it like it is.Otherwise,off to the paint booth it goes.

Nightrain