Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Maaco vs. At-Home Paint Job
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by kenseth17
I saw your link for the delstar. I would say that would be a good choice. Its been around longer then omni and its a polyurethane single stage, so It should be better then an acrylic enamel. It doesn't have a clear, but polyurethanes are tough paint.
By that,are you saying that it can't have clear sprayed over it?Would it shine just as good?I don't think that's a bad choice myself.It looks like really good paint.I'll get with Robert before I make my final decision and get his opinions.He's been painting all of his life,so he should know something about the best paint and way to go about painting my truck.You think a gallon of clear would do the whole truck?Would it be a good idear to go ahead and get a gallon of clear and an extra quart or two?I think that's what I'll do.The primer,paint,clear,and dent filler is all that I have to buy.He provides the sand paper,masking materials,etc. in the price he gave me.

Nightrain