Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Maaco vs. At-Home Paint Job
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Man,I tell you.I've got too much time on my hands.I was sitting around here a few minutes ago and thinking about painting this truck myself.It makes perfect sense to me.I've got everything that I need to know knowledge wise in this thread.Plus,I can take it slow and learn things as I go along.I did some calculating also,and going by what I found for supplies,(i.e. DA Sander,Spray Gun,Sandpaper,etc.),it comes out cheaper than $400.I just don't have the proper breathing equipment or a paint room.How can a make-shift paint room be made long enough to paint this truck to keep most of the dust and dirt out of the paint?I can't paint my garage due to the fumes.I don't have a shop or anything.I was thinking that outside would be best,but I don't know how to go about preparing a paint room.Any ideas??

I don't have any experience what-so-ever,but I think that I could learn quickly as I go along,especially since the truck's body is in good condition.Know what I mean?Plus,if I have at least decent equipment,I could have the truck finished in less than a week,from start to finish.But I don't know...I would feel good about knowing that I did it,whether it turned out good or not.If i messed it up though,I just wasted a $220 gallon of paint,plus other expenses.I don't know...What do you suggest?

Nightrain