Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Maaco vs. At-Home Paint Job
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:47 PM
The lean mean donut machine

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

In my opinion, the name "Maaco" has nothing to do with the quality of the work you get done. It all depends on the skill of the workers and how much the owner and manager really care about quality and customer satisfaction.

Up here in Red Deer, our Maaco was rated the best bodyshop in all of western Canada. I took in a rusty, heavily beaten up T/A with my plastic ground effects cracked and broken and after $2,000, drove away with a beautiful car that looked good enough for any showroom. These guys didn't even miss a detail, they even sprayed the t-top rails a nice shiny black. They even followed up with a free buff job a week later to make it look like perfection. There is no orange peel in the clear coat, and after 3 years the paint still looks as good as when I just got it, no fading whatsoever. Just a couple of chips from careless people in the parking lot.

My advice would be to find out what people in your area think of your local Maaco before jumping to conclusions.