Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - mac tools, going down the drain
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 07:57 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4b316
i have had just the opposite happen.No trouble with Mac but the snapon guy has been crying the blues everytime I try to get a replacement.He says he doesn't want to delete his stock for his regular working guys(I am retired).I have since started driving to another district to get my snapon warranted,no problem.I wrote to snapon with no results but an apology.

Just complain to Snap-On about this guy and you will have no more problem!

I hate to hear that about Mac, aways had good stuff in the past and was as good as Snap-On about replacements. As far as Stanly owning some of the well known tool outfits, just because they own the other companies does not mean all the tools come from the same factory or that they are the same quality (or lack of), just that they are now independent subsidiaries of one parent company. What really concerns me is even the big names turning more and more to CHINA for their products and even though they claim the tools still have to meet their standards we all know what kind of "tools" come from China!