Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - mac tools, going down the drain
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 09:46 AM
My compass doesn't point North

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I work part time at a hardware store. Yes Paris, I'm your helpless hardware man.

We recently got in some LED trouble lights and flashlights by Snap-On. But they're cheap chinese crap sold by some import company who paid Snap-On to use the name.

This means Snap on will sell their (once) good name to importers of chinese crap which will improve Snap-On's profits, but will hurt the guys with the tremendous investments in their trucks and inventory.

The Snap-On truck guys are now faced with a greater level of competition, not from the other truck guys, but from their own supplier. I'd get out of the truck tool selling business as fast as I could find a buyer. Ask your local Snap-On or Mac or ?? truck tool salesman where he sees his business in five years.

Why should I buy Snap-on from one of the truck guys when I can now expect to find the Snap-On name at my local hardware store one of these days.

Several years ago, I put a business plan outline together with the intention of approaching Sears to secure the rights to sell franchises for the sale of Craftsman tool truck routes around the country. Now, I wouldn't bother.

Snap-On is turning the business into a whore's market at the expense of the the very people who made them great - the poor soles trying to make a living with their truck tool sales businesses..... at $3.50 a gallon for fuel.