Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - mac tools, going down the drain
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 11:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was told by my buddys dad that hardware store had snapon lights for cheap, I asked the snap on guy and they know about it. he told me snap on is selling the use of there name for these lights, also these lights say lifetime warrenty, the snap on guy told me if I buy one and have problems with it take it back where I bought it. they truck guys are pissed that snap on is doing this and I think its a bad move on snap ons part. it's like there tipping there feet in the water that mac swims in with the mac "brand" of things like clothing and that crap. but to snap on's defense there tools are still of good quality, mac on the other hand breaks. when I first started buying tools off of the trucks the mac truck was the only one to come to my work, I bought all the basic stuff you would first upgrade from craftsman stuff like ratchets, screwdrivers, pliers, air tools, wrenches and that kind of stuff. I would be getting that **** warrantied as often as I bought stuff, I figure it was cause I used my tools daily. after a while of that and thinking about it I started using my craftsman stuff daily, did not break so I called snap on and started repalcing the mac stuff with that, what a difference all of my ratchets from snap on still haven't broke after about 5 years, I'd strip mac ratchets weekly. take a look at a mac wrench, it looks cheap ,half of them have the name stanmped on them crooked. plus the older ones which are better crack at the center of the open end where it comes to a sharp angle instead of being rounded. the new design was ridded of this problem but now they just spread open, knuckle saver my ***. mac sells a bunch of crap, I remember the jesse james tool boxes. the mac guy convinced me and another dude to buy them saying they were only going to make 500 of them, what crock of ****, those jesse james tools suck, not even mac and they made more like 500000 of them, oh yeah after a while you could buy them for half the price at wal mart. all of that jesse james stuff sucks, he's a big sell out too, can't blame him though he made all his dough while the whole chopper thing was "inn"
to anyone starting out, buy anything other then mac, harbour frieght tools are probably better