Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is this machine any good??
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 06:04 PM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the heads up.

I told her I would take the machine and all the extra stuff. I'm going to be gone all week so I will pick it up a week from Monday.

I'll go thru the 'stuff' and like you say just toss the thread. I had planned on that anyway. All the bobbins are in a plastic bag as are the attachments. There are a bunch of service centers here in the twin Cities so that won't be a problem.

I did run across some info on the servo motor so I think I'll use what is there to start with then upgrade. Liken it going from a 'head shaker' welding helmet to and auto dark.

I was thinking of a first project today and the cover idea came up so that will be first on the list. I've got my big generator to make a cover for as well as maybe a car cover. I was looking closely at one of the car covers in the shop today and the first thing I need to learn after figuring out how to start and stop the thing is to make it 'gather'....make the bottom of the cover stretchy.

I know you guys are just giggling like crazy at this newbee engineer but I just ask you to tread lightly as I do have background in the textile industry. I did machine design on opening equipment thru spinning. Mostly cotton. I'll try to learn the terminology as quickly as possible.

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Dan, I may take a cruise up to visit you later this summer. I'm more from MN but have been to many places in Wisc.