Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is this machine any good??
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:53 AM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I guess I missed the manual posted. It's much better than mine. My machine must be a 226 as it has a reverse but no belt guard. The pictures are almost exactly like my machine. The threading pictures will surely help.

I think I can get new oil today but needles and thread may have to wait until tomorrow as I'll probably have to go to the other side of town to the industrial fabric store. What should I get for needles and thread.???

I'm going to clean up the oil pan and underside before I start. I need to make absolutely sure no oil gets anywhere but where it is supposed to be.

The table cleaned up nicely. There is even a metal tray that slips under the table in a couple channels. Looks original and in good shape.

This machine sat for at least a year and a half after the owner passed away. He only used it to do one large car restoration. The car is ready to go back together and looks very nice. Reddish real leather. He did a very nice job for not being a "seamster"

I bring my camera home and take pictures tonight.

Thanks again