Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - machine shop bias...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 11:36 AM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

machine shop bias...

Why is it that the only local machine shop where I live is biased to only working on Chevy engines. If you ask them to do work on a Ford, a Dodge or god forbid a AMC they don't want to work on it. All I get is a bunch of BS saying anything but a Chevy is junk, why waste your money on a Ford or etc... I have also noticed this with other machine shops. I have taken parts to Pueblo and Colorado Springs which are 40 miles away and get the same kind of bias. I have found this kind of bias at about 9 out of 10 machine shops I have been to. Why is it that most machine shops are Chevy biased? I am not rude to these machinist or have a attitude and I don't tell them how to do their job. So why are they this way, don't they like to make money or are they so biased that working on anything but a Chevy is below them. I just don't understand why most of these places I have been to are so biased to just working on Chevy Engines. I also didn't write this to start a flame war, I am sure there are other people on this board who drive other makes than Chevy's who have run into this bias, so what gives?

BTW: I eventualy have found one shop who doesn't mind working on other makes besides Chevy's.