Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - machine shop bias...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

We have three shops here, one is a A-hole, one is a thief (proved) the other won't build anything your way. It sucks bad. I drive forty miles out and sometimes further to get customer service. 1st machine shop is so rude I dropped off a GM block and all I wanted was 9" deck. He asked me if I wanted a 9 and 10? What's that? I asked. He looked at me and said Boy, I'm 28 BTW, You don't even know what the ___(insert four letter word of your choice) you want do ya? I had to get a little mouthy for that comment . I told him I didn't understand he terminology or abbrieviations. He goes on to explain in very sarcastic terms he means 9.010. You shouldn't fault someone for not follwing your context. Anyway, I said no, I want a 9.0 even. He say's, I can do it, but if you ever blow a head gasket it's a wasted block!. I thought what the heck are you talking about!. I knew he meant fire slotting the block but I've never seen that while rebuilding near stock engines. I left it for him anyway because I am in a hurry to get it back. I received it at 9.005.

Shop number two: Stole one of a set of 462 from a close friend. Hoping to sell them and get others in before we noticed. That's why I always stamp my stuff with a special stamp I made with my racing logo on it.

Shop number three: Won't build anything to anyones spec but he own. It's either his way or he'll ask you to not come back. Irritated me too. I know what I want, I know I can make more power than him but he flat refuses to listen ot reason. Never been t him agian.

Now I send my small stuff to one shop 40 miles away and everything else to Hendrens racing engines.

Last edited by johnsongrass1; 02-03-2005 at 12:33 PM.