Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Electrical (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/electrical/)
-   -   MAD Electrical (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/mad-electrical-123654.html)

jimmmy 09-04-2007 09:02 AM

MAD Electrical
 
Hey guys

This is my first post. Yes, I know I should do an introduction and I am working on that now aswell. :)

Anyway I was wondering if anyone here knew how to get in touch with the guys at MAD Electrical. I know they have a phone number listed on their webpage but unfortunately I live in Australia and would prefer to email them than ring for obvious reasons.
Any help would be most welcome.

cheers

James

302 Z28 09-04-2007 03:06 PM

Welcome to the forums. I would not hold out much hope, the web site has not been updated in four or five years. There is good information on the site, but I would have a hard time ordering anything from them.

Vince

cucumber1949 09-04-2007 03:27 PM

I last ordered from him about a year and a half ago. Did not have a problem getting through to him on the phone. The last number I have for him is 559-539-7128. I was told he was fighting some health issues a while back ago. However I know people have ordered from him as of July 06, so even though his website is not updated, he has been doing business after the last update. He only takes orders over the phone or via snail-mail. Last address I have is PO Box 675, Springville, CA 93265-0675.

58Apache 09-04-2007 06:03 PM

Options
 
Jimmy,
Are you seeking electrical advice or parts? If you can't get in touch with them, post your needs here and someone may be able to point you in the right direction?

Steve

jimmmy 09-04-2007 06:37 PM

Hey Steve

I am after some of his little terminal blocks. If you know of another source of similar items then that would be great.
Even somewhere that sells these sorts of things.

http://www.bussmann.com/pdf/7702ad84...ef7a49708d.pdf

the junction stud at the bottom of this PDF.

cheers

James

jimmmy 09-05-2007 03:53 AM

Hey guys

I am after some of his terminal blocks as similar items seem very very hard to find.

cheers

James

Viet Nam Vette 09-05-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmmy
Hey guys

I am after some of his terminal blocks as similar items seem very very hard to find.

cheers

James

Heh James,
As mentioned , Mark the owner of MAD Electrical has had some health issues and does not always answer the phone. If your speaking about the Junction blocks he shows on his site, that is, a main connection point for wireing, then you can also find them on Summit Racing's web site.

Summit also has terminal strips etc for wireing. I have my self read everthing on MAD's site and done the Relay headlight conversion as well as a few oter things.

Great site.

jimmmy 09-05-2007 05:48 PM

Hey mate

thankyou for the reply.

I have looked at summit but I cannot seem to find those terminal blocks? I see the terminal strips.
Yes I have heard about the health issues and am not keen on ringing anyway as I think it would be quite expensive. I was wondering if he had an email address.

cheers

James

Viet Nam Vette 09-05-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmmy
Hey mate

thankyou for the reply.

I have looked at summit but I cannot seem to find those terminal blocks? I see the terminal strips.
Yes I have heard about the health issues and am not keen on ringing anyway as I think it would be quite expensive. I was wondering if he had an email address.

cheers

James

I'll see if I can find it for you James and post a link.. Back in a few....

Viet Nam Vette 09-05-2007 06:59 PM

Heh James...

It looks like what I bought back in 2005 from Summit Racing was made by Painless Wireing. Part # PRF 801-12. It looks like the one on MAD's site but slightly different.

Summit and Jegs no longer sell it. I just went to painless's site and the search came up empty. Here's the Toll free number for Painless 1-800-423-9696. Give them a call and see if they still make it.

If not then were back to square 1. I need to buy a few more myself. I'm sure there's others out there that make them.

Keep me posted ..

Regards: Mark

jimmmy 09-05-2007 07:28 PM

hey mate

I am chasing up a guy locally who makes junction studs which are simply a bit of insulated thermo plastic with a central stud which can be 1/2, 5/16, 3/8 or 1/4. It just has two mounting studs either side of the central stud. Very small and neat but does not have the little cable organiser things that the MAD ones do.

I also had a look at the local hardware store and found something that make work. I will try and find a pic but it is simply a triangular piece of plastic with a central stud and you can chose 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 and 1/2 sizes. Very small and neat and will do exactly the same thing. $3 each aswell.

cheers

James

greybeard 09-05-2007 07:29 PM

I haven't had any luck contacting Mark Hamilton for quite sometime. His site was down for a while and was glad I saved his Tech Info for reference. But his site was back up a short time later. Who knows? I gave up on trying to purchase from him. I miss talking to him, he is very knowledgeable and very willing to help you. I hope he is o.k.

I have found a great supplier though. Their power distribution blocks are not the same as the blocks Mark furnished, but they work quite well. They have everything one might need to wire the old hot rod or your family rig. Good stuff, great prices and service.Del City
They will mail you a free catalog, I think you will like it.

Good Luck to all.......

Viet Nam Vette 09-05-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybeard
I haven't had any luck contacting Mark Hamilton for quite sometime. His site was down for a while and was glad I saved his Tech Info for reference. But his site was back up a short time later. Who knows? I gave up on trying to purchase from him. I miss talking to him, he is very knowledgeable and very willing to help you. I hope he is o.k.

I have found a great supplier though. Their power distribution blocks are not the same as the blocks Mark furnished, but they work quite well. They have everything one might need to wire the old hot rod or your family rig. Good stuff, great prices and service.Del City
They will mail you a free catalog, I think you will like it.

Good Luck to all.......

Thanks, I book marked the site. :thumbup:

Viet Nam Vette 09-06-2007 02:36 PM

Terminal Update
 
1 Attachment(s)
Ok,
I called Painless and they said they don't make it any longer ...but they did steer me to Jeg's . They have one just like painless's but it also has a protective cap. Here's the link...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_346774_-1

If the link does not work ..the Jegs part # is 555-10521. Also GM make one you can order # GM 3996270.

Enjoy..
Mark

docvette 09-07-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmmy
hey mate

I am chasing up a guy locally who makes junction studs which are simply a bit of insulated thermo plastic with a central stud which can be 1/2, 5/16, 3/8 or 1/4. It just has two mounting studs either side of the central stud. Very small and neat but does not have the little cable organiser things that the MAD ones do.

I also had a look at the local hardware store and found something that make work. I will try and find a pic but it is simply a triangular piece of plastic with a central stud and you can chose 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 and 1/2 sizes. Very small and neat and will do exactly the same thing. $3 each aswell.

cheers

James


Doc here, :pimp:

Is this what you seek?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...c/onewir13.jpg

Any Auto parts store, a few bucks.






Doc


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.