Maggie Valley, NC Car Show and Flea Market - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2004, 06:08 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Maggie Valley, NC Car Show and Flea Market

What a week end. Set up my flea market spaces on Thursday morning out in a big grass field nestled in a valley surrounded by the Smokey Mountains. Poured the rain on the way back home. Drove my 36 Coupe back to the show field on Friday am, light rain all the way. Was able to get it to my show spot without getting stuck. Walked the 300 yards to my flea market spaces and could not talk my Bud into hoisting our 20X20 awning cause it's work for two old farts. By noon, we were huddled under our golf umbrellas waiting out the rain showers. About 3 PM, I brought the coupe to our Flea spaces which were next to the only slightly graveled road through the field and close to the main entrance. We departed at 3PM in the middle of a shower which came in handy to wash the bulk of the mud from underneath the car. The next morning, I drove the 36 Pu and slipped and slid into my flea market spaces. Same old rain pattern and we pulled out at 1:30 PM in the middle of the rain. Hitched a ride back this AM, with a couple of guys that were glad to get some of my passes that came with the flea spaces, show spaces and car corral space that my 68 Bronco Half Cab sat unattended the whole time. I now needed the 4 WD to get to my trailer and people were dealing with the grassy field turned to mosh pits. While hooking up my trailer, a few people looked at the Bronco and looks like it sold for a great price. Won't spend the money until its in my hand though. Even with all the nastiness, had a good time and sold quite a bit of old parts.

Now for the Ford experts: there was a 69 Ford Ranchero there with 49,000 miles on it. It supposedly was one of only 80 produced. It had the 428 Cobra Jet motor, C 6 tranny and what the owner called a track ready rear end (limited slip and some sort of traction control suspension) Beautiful car/truck but with a $29,000 price tag. My question to the experts is : Is the one of 80 realistic? and if so, is the price tag reasonable as a collector muscle car cause it do have the muscle!!?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Trees, here's the only production numbers I found, I don't have any other information too what was installed or basic issue:

1969 Ranchero Production
500 GT/XL Base models
11214 1658 5856

I also looked in Hemmings, none listed for 69, highest price for a 70 with a 302 was $9,000 or so. Only thing listing a 429 was a Squire wagon and a Torino.

The gr**** need the rain to grow, how was the shower? Cold?

Dutch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.