Hot Rod Forum banner

Mahle Pistons

9K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  PRO 48 fleetline 
#1 ·
Are Mahle powerpak pistons any good? this is the part number being considered -SBC250030F05-, or am i better off with a set of forged KB pistons, this is for an NA motor nothing to crazy, this is im getting a really good deal on the Mahles if i buy them.

#2 ·
65malibuSS said:
Are Mahle powerpak pistons any good? this is the part number being considered -SBC250030F05-, or am i better off with a set of forged KB pistons, this is for an NA motor nothing to crazy, this is im getting a really good deal on the Mahles if i buy them.
The mahle powerpacks are very nice. They come with a nice (metric) ring set too. Very nice fit and finish, very consistent sizes and weights.
In my opinion, they are one of the best pistons out there for the money.

#7 ·
I first became familiar with mahle on big german diesels I work on,very,very reliable and tolerances very close from piston to piston.
I started using them in my hotrod motors and have exellent luck with them,you can also call mahle and talk to a tech that is extremely knowlegable on this piston,avdvise on ring gap etc,I just wish they had double truac pin retainers from the factory,I like to use truac double ,flat to flat and that I know of thats not offered any more,just takes less time and in my opinion is a better way,but they are exellent pistons to say the least!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.