Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Maintaining Professional Tools
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 11:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT
You know it's amazing to me how some guy's on here just love to "Raw Dog" Craftsman tools. Looks like if you don't own Snap On or Matco etc. then you aren't a REAL tool guy. Sure, I'll admit there's a quality difference between them and if I was a professional mechanic and had a shop I probably would buy a better brand.......

I don't think anyone has been badmouthing Craftsman other than to say they are not quite the quality of the Snap-On, Matco, etc and for general shop use they beat just about anything out there. For heavy duty use for the professional it is usually a different story and for that the pro grades are the best investment. I think most here that prefer the pro tools would also agree that buying Snap-On, etc is not very practical for the average home shop and for that Craftsman are just fine.

Now about polishing tools, we are not talking about taking the buffer to every tool used before it is put back in the box but occasionally when wrenches, sockets and such get dulled there is nothing wrong with polishing them to bring back that clean shiny look and it is no different than cleaning a tool box and maybe replacing the drawer liners. Personally I like to open my box to a nice clean set of tools and the few minutes spent buffing on a wrench occasionally is not time wasted, not to me anyway.