Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Maintaining Professional Tools
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered Cruiser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees

Now if I could just find a great set of old Snapons at a widow's garage sale....!!!!

Trees
I had a bunch of tools stolen and I did happen to find replacements at this type of sale. Fair assortment of snap-on and matco. Pretty lucky really.

I have a little of everything but back in the aviation days, removing the exhaust manifold nuts, nothing else would squeeze in there but a snap-on 12 point flex socket. The others were just too thick. I still look at those and say no way, but they would bust em loose every time without breaking.

For $$ reasons I sold my snap-on roller back when and later replaced it with a craftsman. Like someone mentioned, the drawers will fall off the tracks occasionally if I'm not careful. Maybe too much junk in them, LOL. I'm gonna get rid of it down the road when a few extra bucks come in.

Never saw much use in cleaning and polishing. If they get greasy, I soak em, clean em and wipe with a rag and machine oil.

As a side note..........I have noticed the snap-on guys getting a little fussier. Hope that's not a sign of things to come........