Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Maintaining Professional Tools
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 10:19 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Maintiantence on anything keeps them functioning and looking good. It is part of the time/investment one puts into his overall appearance/professionalism.

Well maintained tooling shows that the owner cares enough about his items to also take care of their customers items.

As to using Sanp On tools, if one works with anyting long enough they find out that the "beater sockets, ratchets, extensions etc" break and do not fit on LOTS of fastners, and the wrenches have way to big, of ends to fit many places. Then one ends up trying to "borrow a Snap On one" to do the job.

As to Snap On warranties, some of the individual dealers (independent contractors) try to pull the "if I did not sell it I will not warranty it" trick. All it takes is about 3-4 written complaints and that dealer gets to go sell Chrapsman at Sears. The 800 number SnapOn guys will overnight free if they catch a dealer screwing around with a good customer.

Snap On has recently made a decision to make a judgment call as to used tools ownership and will never deny warranty to the origional owner. If you did not buy it new they may not replace it. If you have other Snap On tooling they rarely deny exchange. This was done because some of the warranty return items Snap On was scrapping, were showing back up on Ebay for sale. Snap On always puts a "grind mark" on the origional replaced tools and the ebay sellers were listing them as "grind marks destroying the origional owners id" marks.

MY Crapsman tools also get maintenance. I use the power wire brush to bring the new finish back to the beater stuff I use to lend out. When someone breaks them they get to drive to Sears to get the replacement.

In the example above with the guy using the pipe on a ratchet, to extend its strength, that is why Sears has to make their tools physically bigger, so this type or idiot does not kill himself or some close.

Last edited by OHD; 12-27-2008 at 10:25 AM.