Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Major traction problem..
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 02:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Major traction problem..

.. Ok what i have is a 79 mustang with a 302 boss motor...At a slow take off from stop i cant seem to get the rear tires from backing...They spin at take off ever time..Its starting to get costly and iam also loseing time on the take off the car just sits there and smokes the tires..It barks the tries every damn gear..I cant drive this car when it rains takeing off from an idle with out giveing gas and the car sits there and spinnes the tire..

My car doesnt have leaf springs or coil springs on the rear axle..All it has is shocks and the car is a light weight car...Much has been removed from it..This is my street car...I have already went to a wider tire 10 inch wide ones is what i have on her now..

Ive looked around for traction bars and coil spring traction bars..And i havent seen anything to my knoldge that will work on this car...

Beening i got this car used maybe something is missing to cause this problem..I dont know myself

Buddy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oct19347.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	374