Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Major traction problem..
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 06:29 PM
WV hillbilly

Last journal entry: PTL 220CC
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

79-93 mustangs share the same platform, its called the fox body, so they are basicaly the same car with the cosmetics changed..you do have coil springs on the rear, you also have upper and lower control arms, you may or may not have quad shocks, you also have a rear sway bar, if you dont have any of these things dont drive it!!! (with the exception being the quad shocks) I would replace the upper and lower control arms with BBK, Hotchkis, SSM, Mac, what ever flavor you desire, the point is the factory rubber bushings rot, and get sloppy, it will allow the rear end to sway, or rear steer, and traction is lost, I would also replace the rear shocks, be sure you have the rear sway bar attached, if your car was a factory 4 cyl, you may not have provisions on your lower control arms for a sway bar, you could buy a used set of V-8 lowers but I recomend aftermarket replacements..Also you can add sub frame connectors to stiffen the chassis also..Buy yourself a mustang mag, and start reading, there are tons of options, happy hunting!