Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Major transmission leak....HELP!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Major transmission leak....HELP!

Hey guys,

I went out for a drive in the S-10 today and found another problem. After beating on it a little the transmission begain to hemorrage oil everywhere. It was like taking out a drain plug. From what I can tell there is a bad leak in the front of the transmission in the pan area. After some work, I found that when I pour more oil in it runs right out without the engine running. It looks to be running out of the pan gasket area, but the gasket is in place and the bolts are tight. I just want to know if any of you know of a plug or something that could come out on the passenger side of a TH350. It is possible that the oil is coming from above the pan in the dipstick area, but it is not coming from the dipstick and I can not see anything else that would leak. My fear is a case crack since I can not see anything wrong.

I will not have a chance to get it apart until Friday and I am pretty sick about it so I just thought I would see if any of you had any ideas.

Thanks,

Chris