Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - making 500hp now ina e85 sbc.... want more
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 06:31 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Ethanol power

I'm building a Ford(UK) Essex V6 engine principally for the fuel economy I'll get when I use undiluted fuel Moonshine, Ethanol, White lightning fuel. The pistons will be changed to Stock Ford(US) 200 cid 3.68 diameter ones and the con-rods are to be stock Ford(US) 302 V8. The wrist/gudgeon pins are .912 " and both the pistons and the con-rods share that size, but I will have to have my Essex crank reground down from the 2.5" to 2.39" which is the size of the Ford(US) Crank bearings. Apart from the pistons and con-rods the Engine is Totally stock I'm not buying any Tuning equipment. The Essex V6 was rated at 143hp on Gasoline I expect the compression to rise from a pathetic 8.5 to 1 to roughly 16 to 1, Exactly how high I simply don't know yet. Until I assemble the components I can't work out a figure, but whatever the figure I'll have 10hp per full digit of compression rise. that's 230 hp plus. WHO says you can't have fuel economy and power?