Hot Rod Forum banner

making a 6 cylinder street rod

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tomslik 
#1 ·
I got a 300 6 cylinder and Iwant it to scream I was wondering If you could put a 250 crankshaft in a 300 6 cylinder because the 250 got a built proof bottem end. and does any body know about the cut up 351 custom head you can put on it.

#3 ·
trigger piston said:
I got a 300 6 cylinder and Iwant it to scream I was wondering If you could put a 250 crankshaft in a 300 6 cylinder because the 250 got a built proof bottem end. and does any body know about the cut up 351 custom head you can put on it.
Other way around, the 300 has the bullet proof bottom end with a fully counter-weighted forged crank, meatier rods, and thicker block castings. The 240 is a cast crank, light rods and thin wall cast block.

The 302/351 heads are a race only mod. The never solved, seldom mentioned problem is coolant leakage at the join points. While a race engine will stay dry enough for an afternoon, this isn't something you do on a commuter car.

Bogie

#4 ·
I think he might be talking about the small 250 6 from the Falcon engine series.. which are bullit proof because of the 7 mains and the good oiling system... however a 250 crank will not fit a 300 as they are 2 completly diffrent engines...

There is a new aluminum high performance cylinder head that will be released at some point for the 240/300.. produced by www.classicinlines.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.