Making Progress or making more work for myself?! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Making Progress or making more work for myself?!

I just come in from the garage for a few minutes while the wife ran to the store...working on the S10.
I am soooo close to being done with the body work it is driving me nucking futz! Then after I get the 'outer' body done I am moving on to smoothing the inner fenders and firewall.
I keep finding little things that I would like to mod or change or fix.
So, here is the plan for the next few weekends.
I bought a Vintage Air heater/defrost unit, a 2000 Cavalier dash, I am going to buy a wiring harness tomorrow at the swap meet, install my air-ride and smooth the firewall.
I am putting a set of the Jag buckets that I have laying around in the garage, building a console to house the extra Jag shifter that I am going to be using. I still need to build new door panels,smooth the dash and install some tunes. Then it'll be on to the motor/trans and finally paint(WooHoo!)
Later,
WEIMER

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Weimer,
From futz to an all-out weekend festival! Whats your projected completion date baring you stay in the guidelines of your plans?

The winter isn't slowing you down.
Dutch
Old 02-15-2004, 01:02 AM
CORNFED and INBRED !?!

I hear ya' Weimer, just came in from the garage myself!! Welding up the crossmember so that I can bolt the ladder bars and 10 bolt under the Rambler!! I know that I am OVER bracing everything, but it is a unibody car and I want it setup to stay put!! It's funny how the motor/trans. stuff is usually at the last of the project anymore!! (probably because we can put them together in our sleep by now!) Wish that I was in Ohio, I would like to see the S-10 in person!! Anyway, I'm on vacation all next week so the Rambler should be back on all fours before next weekend, I'll get some pics. up if it is!!

Wrench On Brother !!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:17 AM
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Last journal entry: Frame Removal
Last photo:

How bout some pics Wiemer? I need some motivation.

Chris
Old 02-15-2004, 04:45 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Dutchman, I don't have a definate date of completion yet...But I am shooting for end of May, Beginning of June. The only thing that I won't have this season is probably my wheels/tires. I am wanting to run a 18/20" combo and that doesn't come cheap. Right now I have some 15x8 Corvette ralleys with big-n-little tires. I will probably just clean them up and paint them, and throw on some rings and caps. I would like to find a nice set of used Spider caps.
Hopefully all of my air-ride will be done at the fabrication shop, and I can go drive 4 hours to pick it up Or pay about $450.00 shipping for everything I just come in this morning from pulling an all-nighter in the garage. I need to finish the filling/sanding of 1 bedside and pull the windshield and sand the cab...Then I will be done with bodywork except for blocking and painting(gonna wait to that very last so I don't tear up fresh paint.
I am going to a swapmeet today to pick up some things for the truck, then probably come home and nap. Then get up and do it all over again. My goal is to have the bodywork D-O-N-E this weekend! I am tired of filling,sanding,grinding....I am ready to move on to another part of the project...I am ready to fabricate brother!
If it gets somewhat warm this week I am going to go pull the new dash I bought out of the donor car, and try to fab up some seat brackets for the Jag buckets.
Malibu...I'll try to take some pics when I get home this afternoon. There really isn't anything different than last time, excpet I have the hood/fenders half-*** hung on the truck, just so it will resemble a truck.
Later,
WEIMER(with sore back and black boogers )
Old 02-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

keep it up Weimer!

Just keep Whitling away at it man! I hear guys say that their cars are NEVER done! SO What ever floats your boat dude! I just want to see it once you put it on the road!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

Just keep Whitling away at it man! I hear guys say that their cars are NEVER done! SO What ever floats your boat dude! I just want to see it once you put it on the road!!

I didn't do this?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

Last edited by tm454; 02-15-2004 at 03:11 PM.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.