Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Makita cordless impact
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 04:46 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was only making a polite suggestion on supporting workers in the country I live in, as opposed to helping bring up the standard of living of somebody who lives in another country, thus enabling them to compete with us for the world's oil supply.
Yes, the money you save buying a tool imported from another country, you can then spend on higher gas prices, and the unemployed American worker that used to make tools can no longer afford to buy whatever it is you produce or sell.
Battery operated tools have gotten a lot better lately, but I still consider them as toys, to be displayed on a pegboard, behind your perfectly clean workbench.
I do not own any. I have found this wonderful device, called an extension cord, that enables me to use electric tools just about anywhere on my property, and I live on about 9 acres of land and have stables, and board horses on it. I have not yet had a dead battery in anything I plug in. The few places extension cords will not reach, hand tools have suited me just fine, and the battery in them has not gone dead either.
If I am not interested in buying any of these battery operated toys, why should I research them?