Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Man could I use some advice
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I am not a chev guy but I think in 68 they were still putting the powerglide in some cars..those work fine just not "modern" Your plans sound fine to me just get it tuned to run well with what you have now..I would go wit a dual exhaust with a crossover H pipe and a set of flowmaster 40's to get a good sound..with the headers you will get a bit of a performance boost..I like the edelbrock manifolds myself but that is a preference..not a mandatory thing..once you have it running good then please consider the paint and body to preserve what you have in good shape..My personal choice on somethng like that is to do only minor body mods such as nosing and decking and a simple one color job that is nicely done..as far as wheels ou di no tmention those but some period correct style like the American wheels or Cragers would look good..

Kinda a understated typr of car but real clean and simple..those are great eye catchers to me..

Just my take

Sam