Man-No More Twinkies Too!!!!. - Page 6 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Banned User

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well anyways, my view on the whole topic is:

1) i don't want to see anyone lose their job(s), but since twinkies ARE junk, then the employement situation is irrelevant and we should probably stop thinking about it. What, they are going to die if they lose their jobs? No.

2) The REAL issue is that twinkies and the rest of the stuff hostess produces IS junk. Therefore, all the jobs associated with twinkies was always pretty much suspect anyways. And probably the best thing to do is stop thinking about, talking about and eating twinkies.

So, in the big picture, do you see what i'm getting at?

Here may be a better example; Let's say drug kingpin gets busted, then this also means his Lieutenants (let call one of the them Vinnie) are also out of work. Should we feel bad for Vinnie because he is out of work? Not really, because the product/service that was provided was suspect in the first place.

Do you see what i'm getting at?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

P.S. If you look at the wiki on twinkies, hostess is saying that consumers have migrated to healthier foods.

That was my point----if you produce junk then always assume you are on borrowed time. Therefore the whole crying about losing jobs is, i don't think, correct thinking.

Even if you work for coke, you should feel this way.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by against all odds View Post
Well anyways, my view on the whole topic is:

1) i don't want to see anyone lose their job(s), but since twinkies ARE junk, then the employement situation is irrelevant and we should probably stop thinking about it. What, they are going to die if they lose their jobs? No.

2) The REAL issue is that twinkies and the rest of the stuff hostess produces IS junk. Therefore, all the jobs associated with twinkies was always pretty much suspect anyways. And probably the best thing to do is stop thinking about, talking about and eating twinkies.

So, in the big picture, do you see what i'm getting at?

Here may be a better example; Let's say drug kingpin gets busted, then this also means his Lieutenants (let call one of the them Vinnie) are also out of work. Should we feel bad for Vinnie because he is out of work? Not really, because the product/service that was provided was suspect in the first place.

Do you see what i'm getting at?
Nope...Making Twinkies is not a crime........and, saying that their jobs are irreverent is not the right thing to say......It sounds like the words of an elitist, to me anyways. People do what they have to do to survive, seems to me like you have never had to do that.....

Budget RVs
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
P.S. If you look at the wiki on twinkies, hostess is saying that consumers have migrated to healthier foods.

That was my point----if you produce junk then always assume you are on borrowed time. Therefore the whole crying about losing jobs is, i don't think, correct thinking.

Even if you work for coke, you should feel this way.
I'm getting this funny feeling inside that YOU don't like TWINKIES !!!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

Point taken, but at the same token i don't necessary feel that legality should be an issue here:

1) Alcohol is a drug yet is legal.

2) Pot is (sort of legal) in some jurisdictions here and i think in ontario especially they want it passed to be legal?

i mean junk is junk whether legal or not.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
I'm getting this funny feeling inside that YOU don't like TWINKIES !!!!!!

Well, i have to admit that i love the taste of twinkies but choose not to eat them because the short-term pleasure does not out weigh the long term(like after 15 mins or so) negative effects of the product.

There are so many other naturally good tasting foods----i.e., apples, peaches, onions etc. that you don't need to go junk in my opinion.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Well, i have to admit that i love the taste of twinkies but choose not to eat them because the short-term pleasure does not out weigh the long term(like after 15 mins or so) negative effects of the product.

There are so many other naturally good tasting foods----i.e., apples, peaches, onions etc. that you don't need to go junk in my opinion.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM

Last photo:

union guys are dicks plain and simple. by dumb luck i landed a union/goverment job at a va hospital threw an employment agency. me and 3 other guys non union got hired to do the random odd jobs, anything form jobsite cleanup,to taking down brick walls and or moving building supplies around the site.

non of us were union but being a goverment job had to get paid the same wages 45$'s an hour.
we used to get yelled at on an hourly basis by all the union guys there to slow the hell down.and i mean guys got really damn mad at us.

we didnt care though we works our butts off when the work ran out ( what we were originally hired to do ) the site manager actually found us other work to do so we could stay on

and btw i will deffiantly miss twinkies, i didnt eat them much maybe once a month id have one but dam they are good tasting even as bad as they are for u
Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

i think the best suggestion is to focus on not eating or supporting twinkies and other hostess products and to stop thinking about the employment situation at hostess.

i don't want anyone to lose their jobs, but i guess my point is i don't think their jobs were ever that stable to begin with.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Hot Rods are Built, not Bought

Last journal entry: Lakeroadster's '31 Model A Tudor
Last photo:

Quote:
...i mean junk is junk whether legal or not.
I guess I don't get your "junk" comment? Hostess obviously has a decent market share, meaning many folks like their products. The only issue is if they can make a profit selling said products.

If folks take good care of themselves, health wise, and if these same folks are in good physical shape, from a medical standpoint, yet they like to occasionally treat themselves to a Hostess product why is that junk?

I, for one, am tired of folks declaring food as junk. We live in a country where we expect folks to do the right thing for themselves. If they don't, it's their fault, not the company selling the product.

I have had (1) Twinkie in the last 10 years, no kidding, it's legit. Hostess isn't making squat off my support. But I will fight for their right to sell their products.

Just because some folks have no self control doesn't mean I need big brother telling me what I should or shouldn't buy.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 PM

Last photo:

That must be where the term Junk Food came from....
Old 11-20-2012, 07:04 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

twinkies for the last ten+ years have been a looser, just like donuts.. look at crispy cream..
peoples eating habbits have changed.. people still eat junk, that'll never change,, but they eat cheap junk.. box of dindongs was 2x what little debbies snacks are.. the school lunch nazies didn't help the cause.. schools pulling vending machines and alot of companies doing the same..
all are part of the reason they where on the 2nd round of chapter 11.. the ships been sinking for a long time.. and unlike the tobacco industry companies that saw the writting on the wall and started buying into other industries and/or adding different products to the menu.. even McD's had to change.. and add to the menu more than grease burgers.. you adapt or die.. they choose the latter.. and for all the union haters, the emloyee wages where not out of line in that industry.. the route drivers start at 2am and go 12-14 hours a day.. (at least here) no week ends off.. here most bread vendors are off wensday.. woooohhoooooo..
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Quote:
What i'm saying is that the product was so hokey in the first place that i would feel that my job would only be temporary; When the floor gets pulled out from under, the floor gets pulled out from under and i would need to look for a more stable industry.

The fact that twinkies have sold this long is a testament to the poor choices of american (and other?) consumers.
Who are you to decide what anybody should or should not eat? If all the companies that created products that were unhealthy went out of business then the entire World would be in a bunch of hurt.

I've been making my own decisions without your help probably longer than you've been on the planet and I will continue to do so.

However, there are some countries that make these decisions for you so maybe you should relocate to one of them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wretched ratchet For This Useful Post:
lakeroadster (11-20-2012), NEW INTERIORS (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Who are you to decide what anybody should or should not eat? If all the companies that created products that were unhealthy went out of business then the entire World would be in a bunch of hurt.

I've been making my own decisions without your help probably longer than you've been on the planet and I will continue to do so.

However, there are some countries that make these decisions for you so maybe you should relocate to one of them.
I think what he's try'n to say.. is if you see the product/company not doing so well, and after the 1st chap11 didn't really get much better and was slowly heading for that iceburg again.. you might want to start thinking of finding another job.. being shocked that they went belly up.. should've not been a reaction from anyone employed there..
the hammer doesn't fall that fast.. it was a long time coming..
there is a local company up here on the ropes.. the smart employees are beating the rush and looking for jobs in that industry before the hammer fails.. others will act shocked when it does finally fall.. but the signs have been there for that last few years.. some see the water coming in. and jump ship.. others watch it circle the drain and go "what happened"
more will follow in this companies footsteps as more and more food comes from china..YA CHINA.. and fold as the public buys the cheaper item..
the scary part is the amount of organic and natural foods that are coming over from china.. if they have antifreeze in baby formula.. the natural foods should be yummy...
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

hahahaha, only you mego...good un. hahaha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.