Man-No More Twinkies Too!!!!. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 10:19 PM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Man-No More Twinkies Too!!!!.

Gezzzz What's Next??.

Twinkies Maker Hostess Going Out Of Business CBS New York

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

It's all Obammy's fault too !
Old 11-17-2012, 05:39 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

they'll (the owners) will start a new company that will buy it all.. and will start with no debt. and zero pensions and with min wage workforce.. if they stay here,, most likely they'll do like the candy companies have and move operations to mexico..

the snacks will be back and sadly everyone will support them..

as it is clear that the market outcry of them close'n up.. there was room to up the price a little to keep the ship afloat.
And those that are gonna start, the union did this.. I ask you this..
would you aggree to a contract that gave you 25% ownership in a company, but no say on how it's run?? remember this management has run it into bankruptcy court twice in 8 years..
union or not.. no ones gonna want to become a quarter owner of a company and have no say in how it's run and who is running it.. no one union or not would put any faith in that management team to not run the ship into the wall again.. only this time the employees would be liable for some of the debt.. as part owners.. but no control of operations.. no one in their right mind would agree with , that offer.. well. other than the govenment

and don't forget this is a total win for the first lady's healthy mantra.. I'm sure she jumped for joy at the news..
Old 11-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

I won't miss Twinkies at all but I will miss those chocolate cupcakes with the creamy filling and the little white squiggle on top of the frosting, I loved those things! The last time I bought any was last spring at the Hostess bakery outlet store in Atlantic which I suppose will be shutting down also and those nice ladies that work there will lose their jobs. My buddy Jeff will have to find another place to buy potato bread for his family since that's the only place they bought bread. His kids might have to have wheat bread or something.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:50 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
they'll (the owners) will start a new company that will buy it all.. and will start with no debt. and zero pensions and with min wage workforce.. if they stay here,, most likely they'll do like the candy companies have and move operations to mexico..
so are you saying that "organized labor" is what caused this? hahahahahahahaha J.K. my friend J.K.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:20 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
so are you saying that "organized labor" is what caused this? hahahahahahahaha J.K. my friend J.K.
I'm say'n we as a group want good pay but only for ourselves, everyone else is expected to work for min wage..

we vote with our wallets..
most wouldn't work for the wages that the places they shop and the products they buy pay.. but support those actions..
money talks,sucker walk..
this thinking is slowly draging everyone down.. wasn't all that long that whitecollar jobs everyone thought never could be outsourced.. that backfired..
supporting businesses that pay wages that force that workforce to use sec 8 housing/food stamps/etc , is ok'n that action..
59% of walmarts workforce is on foodstamps.. how you think they make so much money and have lower prices.. they sell the same junk as everyone else..
thats one exp.. there are many.. and as long as we support this crap.. because hay, I'm doing fine, why should I care.. mantra
it'll slowly get to those that think like that, and then they cry when it happens to them..
the snacks will be back.. this was a wall street plan, walk out from under all the debt.. and start over.. you watch.. it'll be the same players just a different name.. and wallstreet will clap and cheer as they do it..
Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

As long as they don't drop my Lays BBQ chips, I don't care.......Feel sorry for the workforce, but that's life these days.....It does make me wonder how much these people were making?....If they were making a good wage, I feel less for them than if they were making min wage and trying to improve upon that.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 AM

Last photo:

Twinkies

i'm looking at it a little different.. first i'm retired from unkie dupie of 39 yrs... i see dupont, shutting down the R&D in philly that employed almost 300. i'd say half got jobs elsewhere in company. now they moved the R&D to another site in delaware. now the paint is being sold. All those jobs might be done. its not that dupie didn't make money they just didn't make what they hoped. Hersey is another.. shutting down the kiss's factory in PA and moving to mexico... ya the ecomony sucks and you are not making a boat load of money, but your not losing money till u shut down and lay off 18,000 folks like twinkie whats to.. now who's the loser ????????????????????????
Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawarebill View Post
i'm looking at it a little different.. first i'm retired from unkie dupie of 39 yrs... i see dupont, shutting down the R&D in philly that employed almost 300. i'd say half got jobs elsewhere in company. now they moved the R&D to another site in delaware. now the paint is being sold. All those jobs might be done. its not that dupie didn't make money they just didn't make what they hoped. Hersey is another.. shutting down the kiss's factory in PA and moving to mexico... ya the ecomony sucks and you are not making a boat load of money, but your not losing money till u shut down and lay off 18,000 folks like twinkie whats to.. now who's the loser ????????????????????????
Same thing happened to us 6 years ago....Plastic packaging plant, the only Canadian plant with 5 more in the US...We were one of the more profitable plants...They ended up shutting down us and one US plant....Funny thing was, those were the only 2 plants in the company that were unionized........
Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Hot Rods are Built, not Bought

Last journal entry: Lakeroadster's '31 Model A Tudor
Last photo:

Hostess lost $341 million in its fiscal 2011, with an operating profit margin of negative 1%. Ding Dong, the Twinkie is dead? Maybe, in Hostess' union spat - Los Angeles Times

Teamster members who work for Hostess Brands voted against the agreement 52 percent to 48 percent. Forty one percent of Teamsters eligible to vote on these contract changes cast ballots. IBC-Hostess Update | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

There is a Hostess factory here in Denver. Hostess has been "unstable" for quite some time. With a negative 1% profit margin, Hostess shutting down seemed inevitable to me.

I am confused as to why only 41% of the union members voted? I bet that would change if they got a chance for a do-over.

Hang on folks it's going to be a bumpy ride for the good ole USA.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post
Hang on folks it's going to be a bumpy ride for the good ole USA.
It's only the beginning...
Old 11-17-2012, 03:05 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

So sad for those people who are gonna lose their jobs, especially finding out around the holidays. Michael Moore should be ashamed for cutting down on twinkies and creating this mess.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

oh no ! not my twinkies !
Old 11-17-2012, 03:27 PM

Last photo:

what's next "Moon Pies?" - - - Lord help us all !
Old 11-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

and what about my rc cola to go with my moon pie?i couldnt find one at the little store down the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.