Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - mandrel bends
Thread: mandrel bends
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Last journal entry: 54 Chevy street rod
Wiki Edits: 0

Mandrel bends and motor plates

I was told by a buddy who used to build race frames that the mounts I have in there now probably wouldn't last through the first startup. They're basically stock mounts on the block going through a mounting plate bolted on the frame with thick (1/4") rubber washers sandwiched between a couple of thick washers. He also told me that it would help strengthen the frame which may be a valid point, I don't think '41 Chevy frames were made for blower motors. It is a square frame though and I think with a cage and maybe a 4 link (someday) it would help a bunch. Like you say this will most likely never hook up anyway. I picked up some big Mickey sportsman's at a swap which will look cool until they go up in smoke! I'm running an open rear end too so ya know I'm not going to grab anything but attention. Looking for a Ford 9 inch as I hear they're cheap and available in bone yards across the nation, They made millions of them. This truck has NEVER been together so I have a lot on my plate, mounting the cab, headers, steering, wiring. All the good stuff. I don't expect it to be perfect right out of the gate, i just want to drive it! I'll fix what breaks as it breaks, hopefully it won't be my neck LOL.i

Last edited by Slapz; 01-08-2012 at 10:38 AM.