Hot Rod Forum banner

Manifold Question

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  carolinacustoms 
#1 ·
What are you guys using to paint/coat manifolds that actually stays on? I am looking for a factory cast look for an original restoration I am doing and I have not had much luck in the past with any kind of paint staying on very well, but I am sure there is something out there. So I am here looking for suggestions and input. As always thanks in advance.

Kelly

#2 ·
I thought you were talking intake, but after reading your post again, Im pretty sure you are talking exhaust manifold. Either way, Eastwood might be my first stop. The 2 part engine paint is awesome, on blocks and intakes. You'll have to do some more research on the exhaust.

#11 ·
Is this cerakote? f not what is it and how long has it been on? That is close to what I am looking for. They are supposed to be raw cast, which I can do with sandblasting, but as we all know they will rust and look terrible. The owner of this car is spending a lot of money and I want something that will stay on. The cerakote seems to be the way I need to go from what I have read on here and their site. Thanks again for all the replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.