Manual TCC solenoid wiring 700r4
After all the trouble I'm having with the tbi ecm and switches inside my 700, I've decided to go the direct approach. This method cuts out ordering lockup kits if you don't want to use vaccum switches and the pressure switches inside the tranny, or if having problems across the board or simply don't want the ecm in control of lockup. All is needed is a few tools, spare materials.
Maybe this post will help DIYers, lower back and forth confusion across the web and show how easy it can be to use the caveman hatchet approach.
1. Cut the 2 wires to the TCC.
2. Disconnect wiring from pressure switches,
You can leave the switches or remove and use pipe fittings to feel the void.
3. Cut wires to 4 pin connection housing, leaving enough wire to splice.
((This option may not be necessary in entirety if you look at your wiring, but to keep any unintended confusion to a low is stated.))
4.Remove wiring harness, and properly straight wire the following.
5. Wire + TCC to pinout A
6. Wire - TCC to pinout D and then ground to body, chassis, engine, which ever you want.
7. Wire pinout A to 12v from brake switch or another 12v of your choice, and seperated the brake switch 12v to pinout A by a toggle switch inside the cab. You will have direct lockup control and even cut power to lockup under sudden braking if using the brake switch. And also have the option to use lower gear lockup or not by simply using the toggle.
Universal setup, cuts out the switch issues and wiring issues from different 700s
Last edited by kl001; 10-23-2012 at 08:53 PM.