Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - March 2012 Hot Rod Art Contest: 1962 through 1972 Muscle Cars
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Custom User

Last journal entry: Heavy Rebel Weekender
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonJay
Not to be "stupid"... but how will you define muscle cars?

Things seem to have new and different meanings today, than during the sixties and seventies.

In that age, it would have been an American built mid-size car, with a big block engine. "Pony cars" and compacts were not recognized as muscle cars either. Also... how modified can they be?
Good question. I picked this topic because I know very little about true muscle cars, I wanted to pick something I don't normally draw and something I can learn about. I read on Wikipedia that it has to be an American made car, mid-size with a back seat and a good amount of horsepower. I guess it could be a fuzzy line between what is a muscle car and what isn't. Wikipedia also says that the Camero (which I consider a muscle car) is a pony car and the Chevell SS is the muscle car. I don't think it necessarily needs to have a big block. I would say it can be as modified as you want... this is art. Dream Big! ;-) I would say draw what you think is a Muscle Car.... unless it is a 1970 Pacer!