Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - March 2013 Hot Rod Art Contest: 70's Cars
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 07:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoon View Post
BB, I can remember when I turned 18, my dad and I were shopping for a car. I had a Ford F100,,I thought I was the man 4 wheel drive and 8 track..man. I was driving down Noland road here in KC one day, and I saw a 70,SS Chevelle with a 2 speed automatic,, and I was crazy for this car,,It was at a car lot. My case in point, is your drawing reminds me so much of that day. Thanks for the memories with my dad..

Dan.
Thanks Dan. I can remember way back, when I first saw the car carrier unloading the new 1968 Mopars (Super Bee, Charger, RoadRunner, GTX) I was in awe. I had read about them, and now I was standing there watching these awesome beasts roll off the truck, listening to the throaty exhaust. I knew that I just had to have one of these beasts. It wasn't long, and I owned a '68 Charger RT. I was a young married guy with a mediocre job, but I went out on a limb and bought the car, and never regretted it. That Charger was one of the greatest cars I've ever owned!!