Hot Rod Forum banner

March Art Contest, Doodler Chooses "Long And Low" any Year!!

7K views 69 replies 14 participants last post by  steelcity6 
#1 ·
Anyway, ever since Nightrider posted that picture of the custom 61 Caddy I've been thinking that it would be cool and do a "long and low" category. The kind of car that when you look at it the first thing that comes to mind is "damn, that's a lot of wet sanding". Any make or model.
The March Contest Begins today in this thread, please post your artwork and more so have fun with Doodlers challenge. The voting will begin on March 26th and end 5 days later as the polls are set to close automatically and decide a winner.

A Quick Example Of Long and Low:

See less See more
#3 ·
fortypickup said:
This could be some fun! Onlyracing you gotta get in on this one!
Yes, this time I'm making time to play, this website stuff is hard to say the least, my partner handwrites all the scripts and I do the design part. Out of the last four websites I just finished, three of the cars crashed already so updates will be spread out more, lol. All are safe but the cars are damaged heavily.

Long and low coming up, good choice doodler.

#6 · (Edited)
Big boys and their big toys! It was what I dreamed of the perfect job being when I was a kid, now that I'm doing it the shine has dulled quite a bit, I still love what I do though- but the wife and kids at home make me want to be there much more.

Like the pic with the scraper in transit, I am now sort of interested in the heavy haulers, you've all seen at least 1 sometime on the highways, the ones with upwards of 20 axles, hauling that "box" making you think it was radioactive or something, the ones that have police escorst and move like 35 miles an hour, for what they get paid, I want to do that. The moct axles I have seen on a truck for heavy hauling is 7, 2 tires each for the 3 steering axles, and 4 tires on the 4 drive axles- 22 tires just on the truck alone. :drool:

#11 ·
Only Racing said:
I don't know where this is at M&M but that is one gorgeous background.
Without thinking about looking it up in my logbook to correlate the date and time of picture to approximate location, it's Interstate 70 heading Westbound in either Western Colorado, or Utah.

The wreck was on I-70 Westbound just past the Cambridge, OH exit, he kept it out of the lanes of traffic in both directions, the police and wreckers were busy that day, there were 4 other trucks off the road or jacknifed between Cambridge and Columbus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.