Hot Rod Forum banner

Marine textured vinyl

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  matt167 
#1 · (Edited)
Restoring my grandfathers old boat which he bought new in 1961. I have a hangup. I have a good usable interior except for the gunwhale/floor vinyl. It would have been usable, but my grandfather at 1 time fiberglassed directly over it as a repair for spongy floors, and it's painted grey a few inches into the gunwhale so cutting it at the floor and running a trim strip to hold it won't work either... The gunwhale vinyl only came on the Ski boat version of the boat ( and it was the fanciest version with a vinyl padded dash ). Other version was a regular runabout which had no vinyl and a basic 2 bench seating arrangement. Fishermen version had a different layout..

This is a pic of the pattern, color came thru almost perfect. anyone know where to get it?

And for reference, this is the boat. A 1961 Custom Craft Sea Ray ski boat. Hasn't been on the water in a long time.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very doubtful it's available in that exact color any more. Search for MariDeck marine flooring, and Nautolex marine flooring. They usually come 70" to 72" wide. Nautolex has a color in that ballpark. It's available at Rochford Supply and Your Auto Trim. Check this out: Marine Flooring 54 Inch Dark Blue CLOSEOUT They also have it 72" wide.

#3 · (Edited)
Think their is any possiibility of SEM color matching? If I used it on the gunwhales, attached it with trim strips at the floor and then ran an aqua color carpet, I wouldn't even walk on the vinyl. It isn't critical that it matches factory 100%, but it's very complete and mostly in good shape. The seats and dash are darkish teal blue.. This is right when I got it home, and hadn't cleaned it at all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.