Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Martin Senour Tech Sheets?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 10:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

They have their clears on their but actual paints have their own mix ratios. If you don't know the mix ratio or forgot just call em up and ask.

I know you didn't ask but im gonna say this anyways.

Their paints are pretty good I would stay away from their clears though. I have been using their clear for about 3 years now and I am going to try better things. Their clear a month down the road started to magically crack and shrink in a few places and is thick as **** so it is kinda hard to spray to lay flat.(Iv painted about 4 other cars and only my blazer cracked though) Maybe you will better results but the only way I can spray this stuff on like a mirror is if I use a hvlp, turn it up very high and spray so it is on the verge of running. It may have been the medium reducer and the paint guy selling me the wrong product for what im doing though. Other then that their paints stick and are pretty cheap (Good but cheap ) if you ask me.

One other thing is try to work in 12 hour intervals. What I mean is if you dont shoot paint/primer over an area that you sanded within about 12 hours you should rescuff.

Im still "Learning" im only 16

When I was painting my Blazer I waited a week after the car had been sanded and shot the paint over it without rescuffing. After I spent a month sanding and polishing. The paint started to peel off like latex on skin. (Ill post pictures of how easy it pulled off

Note: Always work in 12 hour intervals and use sealer before painting

Sorry to right a novel I just would hate to see the same thing happen to someone else that happened to be painting, Chris

Last edited by ChrisMiddleron; 07-10-2004 at 11:02 PM.